Sunday 9 May 2010

BEWITCHED BY BABS


Sunday afternoon: pot of earl grey, pottering around the house and Barbara Streisand's new CD One Night Only. I'm not exactly a muso (I don't know The Drums from The Ting Tings), but I do love some laid-back melodies sung at a low-key Manhattan jazz club, so when this album, recorded from a gig at New York's Village Vanguard last September, landed on my desk last week, I squirreled it home. Forget the fact that my beau currently has some motorbike racing buzzing on the TV in the background, I've whisked myself back to the early 60s, I'm sitting at a round table, sipping a Tom Collins and swaying along to Barbara's soulful musings. Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered is my favourite, closely followed by my funny Valentine. Buy it if you spy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment