Monday 17 May 2010

FANCY A COFFEE?


When these cute silicone teacups from World Wide Fred landed on my desk, I decided they needed to be filled with something suitably apt, hence I baked a batch of cappuccino cupcakes, complete with mascarpone frosting and a sprinkling of cocoa powder. My mum has just given me a bag of French walnuts fresh from her own tree in the Dordogne, so I chopped some of these and added them for good measure.
Cappuccino cupcakes:
250g butter, softened

250g light brown sugar

300g self-raising flour

4 eggs, beaten

50g toasted, chopped walnuts

200ml very strong coffeee (strangely, instant works best)

500g mascarpone

2tsp light brown sugar

cocoa powder


Heat the oven to gas mark 4 or 160 degrees, lay out 12 cupcake cases.

Beat together the butter and sugar until pale and creamy, then add the flour and eggs in one go and keep beating until evenly mixed.
Fold in the walnuts and half the coffee.
Pour into cupcake cases and bake for 20-25 mins.

Leave to cook while making topping. Beat the mascarpone with sugar and coffee then swirl on to the top of the cakes and sprinkle with cocoa powder.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! These cupcakes are absolutely the prettiest things I have seen this week!! I was about to purchase a couple of sets of the molds online, but after seeing some of the reviews, I hesitated! Did they stain after the first use in your experience? I wouldn't really wanna spend $18 dollars per set of 4 molds if they won't last....would really appreciate your feedback! Tnx! :)

    ReplyDelete