Thursday 13 May 2010

HITCHCOCK HAIR




This post could also be entitled “what have you come as?” as that’s what one charming colleague utters every morning when I try to mix up my look a little bit! Today my outfit (blush sheer sweater, black mini tulip skirt, black tights, two-tone jazz flats, a string of pearls, Revlon red lips) is topped with hair inspired by Tippi Hedren, Kim Novak and Grace Kelly. Blonde, coiffed and piled high on my head. But because too prim is not ‘in’, I’ve taken inspiration from these women at the end of their Hitchcock thrillers – slightly dishevelled and askew (with a spritz of hairspray to keep those fraying ends in place). I’m not the only one to covet the ice queens’ manes – Mulberry and Chanel both showed similarly undone up-dos for Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment