Thursday 6 May 2010

LITTLE MISS MULBERRY



Okay, I have a dilemma. A fabulous one, but a dilemma nevertheless. Last week I interviewed the uber brilliant Creative Director at Mulberry, Emma Hill. She’s the genius behind the quintessentially British brand’s hip transformation over the past couple of years. Her secret? Recreating those classic bags in quirky luxe fabrics and witty new prints. And the world is obsessed – she told me the Alexa bag alone has a current waiting list of 9,000 devotees. Anyway, I digress. The point is, Emma has very amazingly given me the chance to pre-order a bag from the new Autumn/Winter collection. Which has left me in a classic Jackie/Marilyn conundrum. You see there are two I adore – a love-me-forever Lizzie shoulder bag in slouchy tan leather or an of-the-minute Alexa in a ‘loopy leopard’ printed suede. One is discreet and timeless, the other showy and spontaneous. I’ve got to choose, so which one should it be?

(Picture: Style.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment