Thursday 6 May 2010

OH BRETON STRIPES, HOW DO I LOVE THEE?


I’m definitely not the only girl to go ga-ga for the sailor-inspired tees (the first, naturally, was Coco Chanel), but I realised I was getting a bit ridiculous when I proudly exclaimed to my beau that four out of five days last week I’d opted for stripes. The problem is, they’re just so wearable. Not too girly, not too tomboy, dress-up-and-downable, and innately classic. They make me think I’m Brigitte Bardot or Jean Seberg. In the last few months I’ve completely gone overboard and have purchased stripes for £5 at H&M to £95 from Steven Alan in New York (and everything else in between - seriously, I'm shopping in double figures now). I’ll always love them with cuffed white shorts and endless brown legs, but right now I’m digging them worn with a pencil skirt and a statement necklace. Ooh la la!

(Picture: Jean Seberg)

No comments:

Post a Comment