Wednesday 5 May 2010

SIP SIP HOORAY


I'm a summer girl. I live for azure skies and open-toed sandals, woozy warm nights and freckled shoulders, garden parties and gauzy dresses. Even a hint of sunshine can perk me up and ignite an internet shopping frenzy for the perfect summer wardrobe (this year, my look will be nautical retro... again).
Nothing reassures me summer is close like an alfresco cocktail. This one is particularly delish because it involves all my favourite sunshiney flavours - lemon, elderflower, gin and champagne.
Pour a splash of elderflower cordial into the bottom of a slim glass, add a shot of gin (I love Hendricks), top up with champagne (or any sparkling white wine) and finish with a generous dollop of lemon sorbet. I think it would be equally as delicious (and even more heady) with a dash of limoncello in the place of the elderflower. We drank ours on the garden patio, as the sun faded behind the buddleia bush - then dashed inside to throw on our cardis. Hurry up summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment